February 13, 2015

For Tim


Because Valentine's Day is tomorrow and he is my one and only Valentine.  Plus, who can resist publicly shouting out that I made out extremely well with him by my side.  He makes my crazy sane and my unintelligible legible.  I love you Sweetie, more today than all our yesterdays combined.  Our love is exponential.



Hey I heard you were a wild one
Oooh
If I took you home
It'd be a home run
Show me how you do

I wanna shut down the club
With you
Hey I heard you like the wild ones

-Sia (Wild Ones)

You and me, we'll shut down every club together.  That's how we do.  We've been hitting home runs since day one.

When I first heard of you (yes, we girls like to talk) I was sitting on my bed, under a bug net, sweating in the Haitian heat.  We were countries apart, but you and me, we were tugging hard to get to each other.  "There's a new boy in town back home.  I've heard he's a wild one."

You intrigued me and I hadn't even met you.  Love had started to grow.   I was already fighting to stay on the path that led me to you.  You see, not many people know, but I'm a wild one too.

When we finally met, both of us knew, but neither would admit it.  These things take a while.  The YOU and ME were on our way to US, the way it was always supposed to be.  Us wild ones need to be together.  I'm the only one who gets you and you're the only one who gets me.  Crazy, beautiful, wild ones, trying to keep each other sane.  Hey, I heard we are the wild ones, oooh.


No comments: