December 20, 2014

Thinking Out Loud

Whenever I hear a good love song, I can't help it, I always imagine it's Tim singing to me.  A few weeks ago, I found a new love song and now I'm obsessed with it.  The first time I heard it, I wasn't really paying attention.  I thought, "Cool!  A new Ed Sheeran song. Nice."  But then I started actually listening to the lyrics.  Right in between errands and picking the boys up from school I started bawling like a baby.  It was so sweet.  That Tim Pell, singing a song to me through the radio, sneaky bastard.

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand

I know, Sweetie!  Our love is mysterious.  Keep singing.

After the initial listen, I kept hoping and wishing I would catch the radio station at the right time.  Always tearing up, while singing at the top of my lungs.  If anybody peeked into my dirt smudged windows, they might be a bit confused.  Granted, it has to be a strange sight at a stop light.  They might  be wondering why a crazy woman is yelling at nobody at the top of her lungs while crying.

Geez Lady, get a grip, mentally breakdown much?

Shut up, boring driver, my husband is singing to me.  Don't ruin the moment.

Well, me-I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

You see, it might be Ed Sheeran singing, but all I hear is Tim serenading me.  He really does have a great British accent so my daydream is pretty realistic.  Tim's my rock star.  He's the Jay to my Bey and we're crazy in love.

For our early gift this year, he got me the c.d.  We're old school and he knew I could take my song obsession to a whole new level by listening to it on repeat all day long.  Old Blue's c.d. player tends to overheat and scratch the c.d.s though.  And if I hear any sort of skip in song 11, she'll be out of my good graces until I discover a new song to obsess over.  For now, I'll be screaming,

But, Baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

-Tim Pell in the form of Ed Sheeran

And I'll place my head on Tim's beating heart.


No comments: