December 10, 2014

False Starts and Proof

I've been feeling out of sync with Luke lately and I hate it.  He's been grumpy with me.  I've been rude to him.  He's been mean and nasty to his brother.  I've been impatient with the both of them.  All the bickering and arguing, I can't take it anymore!!

In the back of my mind I know exactly why we clash.  Even though he looks exactly like a little Tim, he's like me inside.  He's also growing up, becoming more of an individual, separating himself a bit from the parental figures.  I love it and hate it all at the same time.

I can deal with the whole maturing thing, I just want to be on the same team instead of bashing heads on every play.  I don't want either of us to get a concussion.  Okay, so maybe I'm freaking out a bit.  I mean, maybe we're going through a rough patch and the big N-I-N-E thing is coming up.  Did you see my football metaphor above?  Luke's teaching me all about the ins and outs of the game.  Maybe things aren't as bad as they seem.  Maybe we're just having a few false starts and we'll be fine on the next play.  See what I did there?  I'm on a roll.

Well, then he goes and gives me some of his schoolwork to look through.

He's so nice and thoughtful and a great writer.  He even apologized that it wasn't finished and that it was "just a pre-write."  I don't freaking care.  I don't know if it's clear, but he actually thinks I'm nice.  That's a Christmas miracle.  And it's documented.  I'm saving this for later times of reminiscing and maybe during an argument for proof that I'm not a mean mom.

No comments: