May 27, 2010

Grumble Fest


Today was a hard day.

It rained all day.
Jack got soap in his eyes while in the shower.
Luke seemed to think if he asked me the same question four times, he’d get a different answer.
I accidentally clipped Clementine’s nails above the quick.
Jack bit the dog.
Luke punched Jack in the neck.
I didn’t have any patience available.
Jack requested cottage cheese for lunch, then spit it out all over the floor.
Luke wouldn’t believe me when I told him there was no way that a spider could be inside Jack’s toast.
Jack chased Luke until he cried.

I tried everything I could think of.

Extra knee bending, Bible open time,
Extra encouragement,
Extra motivations,
Explicit expectations,
Consistency on follow-through and time-outs,
Brownies (for me),
Extra hugs and snuggle time,

None of it seemed to work.
Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.
 Peace out Today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the life of a young mother. Tomorrow is a new day, thank goodness! Hang in there!
Love ya, Mom

Kamille said...

well put. And you know what I like most about this post--is it doesn't end all lovey dovey, it just is and that's the basis of many mothering days.

PS eat some more brownies.

Anonymous said...

Remember they don't come with manuals...they come with parents...and you are doing fine.. Love them, teach them, correct them, mend their wounds both physically and emotionally and at the end of the day thank God for each and every moment you have had with them. Love to all Meemaw.

Ellen said...

Do you guys read the book "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"? It was my favorite book growing up and I read it to Archer now. We talk about Alexander when we have days like these... Hang in there, you're a great mama! :)