February 8, 2010

Pedicure Indulgence

My very first pedicure was at the ripe old age of 24. It was a gift from my principle at the baby shower our staff threw for my very pregnant friend and me. I was so grateful for all the thoughtful baby gifts. Compared to my other showers I got a lot more books, toys and "educational" gifts for Luke (and eventually Jack). Who knew a bunch of educators would think to get my baby books!

My principle got blocks for Luke and a pedicure for me! I made sure I used up the gift certificate before Luke made his entrance into the world. Even though the rest of me was swollen and disheveled in the delivery room, my toes where shiny beauties.

Since that pedicure many of my "breaks" from mommyhood have been to the nail salon. Even though it's the dead of winter and everyday I layer my feet with wool socks and lamb fleece lined UGGs, yesterday I went to get a pedicure. It was forty minutes of perfection that resulted in pearly magenta toes.


A note to all you baby shower goers: If you don't know what to get the mommy-to-be or have a little $$ left over, get her a gift certificate to the nail salon.

No comments: